DLDAV Model School
Class involved: Class 7 Zenith Wing (Cambridge)
Date: 26 July 2018
Venue: Mahatma Hansraj Auditorium , DLDAV MODEL SCHOOL
The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it and that is why sustainability has an important role to play. Sustainability is creating a world where everyone can have fulfilling lives and enjoy a rich level of well-being within the limits of what nature can provide. It means living within the resources of the planet without damaging the environment now or in the future. Students of grade 7 alluringly explained the meaning of sustainability and its importance to live in harmony with the natural world around us, protecting it from damage and destruction.
A stimulating and inspirational poem on sustainability was recited by the students that clearly showcased the primary goals of Sustainability.
A magnificent Street Play was performed by a group of students that aimed at
creating awareness about the importance of sustainability and the UN SDGs
2030 Agenda, that focussed on the following themes:
- The end of poverty and hunger
- Better standars of education and healthcare – particularly as it pertains
to water quality and better sanitation
- To achieve gender equality
- Sustainable economic growth while promoting jobs and stronger economies
- All of the above and more while tackling the effects of climate change, pollution and other environmental factors that can harm and do harm to people’s health, livelihoods and lives.
- Sustainability to include health of the land, air and sea
The street play was adorned with melodious tracks and claps along with shlokas
in Sanskrit that projected importance of Gender Equality and Education for the
well being of the family.
The Play concluded with a Ramp Walk on SDGs wherein students expressed
their views on each of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals by UN with
placards showing the respective logos.
The ensemble performance by the young stalwarts on ‘Heal the World’ – A song composed by Michael Jackson was an excellent portrayal of need of SDGs and the impact of implementation of these goals to attain a brighter and sustainable future.